Please read this announcement in full before placing your upgrade order!
Bizzy Boutique version 2.94 ready for release! This latest version of your store builder software comes with a sleeker, more streamlined store admin area, drag and drop functionality, the ability to load and display up to 5 images per product, multiple *new* image layout and thumbnail upload options, optional share and social media integration, product rating and reviews standard, admin favicon support, immediate inventory, and more!
BRAND NEW FEATURES FOR 2.94
- Favicons: Add your own customer-side and admin area favicon images easily from your store admin.
- Immediate Inventory: Stores with flash sales can set inventory counts to be temporarily decremented when the item is added to the cart. These temporary counts can be removed in the store admin if needed.
- Override Content: Stores can add a message to be displayed throughout the entire site, replacing all content. This allows stores to temporarily close the store for updates. Store administrators who are logged in will continue to see the site contents.
- Upload Size Settings: In previous versions, auto thumbnail heights and widths were determined by the Max Img Height and Width. Now, administrators can specify a different thumbnail height and width, used only when creating auto thumbnail images for products.
- Category Displays: Choose to display only active categories, or all categories. Choose to display feature links by name, or by the current category. For new item pages, choose to show just one page of new items or a full list of items, sorted new to old. For categories with images, choose whether you want to show the category name under the image or not.
- Image Thumbnails: When adding an item, choose to create auto thumbnails, use the large image resized via CSS, or skip the thumbnails altogether. If auto thumbnails are selected, choose whether those thumbs are used when adding images only, or when replacing the images as well. The thumbnail that is created automatically can also be cropped instead of resized with padding.
- Social Media: Clients can enter their main social media URLs (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) and the system will create icons, using Font Awesome, on the template, wherever the %SOCIAL_MEDIA% include is placed. Clients can also add any other external URLs (blogs, mailing lists, even mailto email addresses) and select an icon to represent that URL. Layout changes are available if desired (default shows icons in circles, colored by 'Social Text' and 'Social Bkgd' in Fonts & Colors).
- Show Reviews: You can now choose to turn off reviews on the site from your store admin.
- Keywords now search descriptions.
- Order totals can be updated when editing an order.
- Registry sort is now available in storeadmin area.
- Image loader has been updated to accommodate sizes better.
- A more stylized ‘Added to cart’ message appears when someone uses the ‘Auto Add’ method of adding items to the cart.
- Additional setings: change the Mals 'noqty' field through the storeadmin, choose to show 'View All' links or not.
- The order of all, new, featured and sale item links can now be changed, in addition to displaying above or below categories.
ADDED FEATURES IN 2.9x
- Product Reviews and star ratings!
- Multiple new image layout display options including gallery, slideshow, lightbox pop up and more!
- *NEW* Free Premium Template options that include drop down and fly out menus, standard!
- Choose to show the catalog number on just the site, just the cart, both, or neither
- Choose to show the quantity box or leave it as a hidden field
- A code insert feature can be added to the layouts area, to allow advanced users to more easily create their own layouts
- Total number of items shown in the storeadmin area
- The addition of the order status 'Processing'
- The date appears at the top of the home admin dashboard, so store admins know if their time zone is correct
- HTML editor added to the web links content
- Gift voucher payments show in the order methods (read only)
- A new button in your WYSIWYG editor allows you to add custom HTML code into the description of the product, page, category, etc.
- Added message to show cart link when using 'auto add' order process
- Various style changes, including bread crumb navigation left sidebar size in mobile, search form, social media and storeadmin footer centering, and packing list styles
- Selected category stays selected when viewing the detail item screen
- Temporary inventory process fix was applied
- The ability to add on optional administrator statistics tracking by IP address
- Bug fixes and behind the scenes technical work
- TinyMCE 4.x support
- Drag and drop sorting is now used for reordering pages, categories, FAQs, web links, articles
- Additional per product wholesale features
- Updated web links setu
- Date format and time zone settings are now in the administration area
- New catalog settings - show category under the image in subcategory pages, show prices to all visitors or just wholesale/members
- Social media links are integrated and can be turned on through the storeadmin area
- Preview theme setting added to check templates before using them
- Unsupported Froogle feed removed
- Support for cart images has been added; just update Mals to display thumbnails
- Increased max images per item from 3 to 5
- Items in the featured column are now sorted by category if a category or item are viewed
- Admin area images are displayed for easier visual recognition
Many minor changes, bug fixes, and behind the scenes and technical changes have been applied to the latest version that will ensure better and faster performance for your store. Many of these changes have been left out of the above list. If you have questions about the complete list of changes in the 2.94 version, please open a support ticket.
If you have any questions about the upgrade, please contact us. If you would like to have your website placed on the upgrade list, you may do so by purchasing the correct upgrade level from your client area. (See below)
You may try the Bizzy Boutique version 2.94 on our demo store: bizzymamahosting.com/bizzyboutiquedemo/storeadmin
username: admin password: bbdemo
I've recently upgraded to version 2.93, or signed up within the last six months and am using version 2.93- Do I need to upgrade again to 2.94? Why would I want to?
Is this store builder upgrade required?
What about my template/web design?
Clients running software versions 2.7-2.83 are likely to experience template errors following an upgrade to 2.94! In addition, in order to make your site fully mobile responsive, you must have the design edited to include mobile responsive functionality where you originally purchased your template. Any questions about template compatibility should be taken up with your designer. You may also switch to one of our free included mobile responsive template layouts. NOTE: We are unable to assist with troubleshooting template errors.
Template/Web Design: Unfortunately we cannot provide support for your template (unless it is one of our "premium" designs. We also cannot assist you with making your current template mobile responsive. You must take this up with your designer. If you choose to upgrade to BB 2.94 and are currently using software versions 2.7-2.84 you must also update to a mobile responsive template, have your current design edited by the designer to include mobile responsive capability, or switch to one of our provided mobile responsive templates immediately following your upgrade.
Modifications: Unfortunately, modifications created for older versions of the Bizzy Boutique will likely not work with version 2.94. The upgrade will very likely break any modifications you have had added to your core codes. Broken mods may result in unexpected behavior on your website. We are unable to upgrade around your modifications. We are also unable to provide support for broken modifications. If you have questions about your modifications and/or whether this upgrade will be a problem for you, you should contact the company from which you purchased your mods. Please keep this in mind when placing your upgrade order and plan accordingly! If your modification no longer works and/or produces an error following upgrade, you must contact the business from which your mod was purchased. Please have this contact information ready in the event that you need it following upgrade. You would know if you have had modifications added to your store because you would have purchased them separately from a company like Modmeister, This Chick Designs, Mod Your Cart, or The Avalon Rose.
To determine your software version, please log into your store admin and check the footer.
-If you are using Bizzy Boutique version 2.8-2.83, the upgrade to version 2.94 will be $15.00. (ORDER)
-If you are using Bizzy Boutique version 2.7 the upgrade to version 2.94 will be $20.00. (ORDER)
You may pay this fee at the time of your upgrade, or schedule with our billing department to pay it at any time within the next 30 days. If you need to schedule to pay at a later date please contact us prior to placing your order!
New for 03/2017- *RUSH* Upgrade services. Add on *optional* rush upgrade service for $10.00!
*NEW*NEW*NEW* and exciting for 2.94, 2 column product layouts! Read our kb article on this topic or see it live on our demo product.
RUSH REQUESTS We anticipate this to be a popular upgrade as there are no known template (or other) compatibility issues with the 2.93 to 2.94 switch, and because we're offering it for FREE to all clients currently using the 2.93 platform (which is SO many of you)! Over one hundred 2.94 upgrade orders are anticipated to come through in the first few weeks.
Because of this we will only be scheduling a maximum of 4 upgrades PER NIGHT! Upgrade orders will be processed in the order in which they are received unless you choose to add on an optional *RUSH* service fee, that will get your upgrade bumped to the top of the list and done within 24 hours (same night if ordered before 2pm CST).
Upgrades to the latest software version are suggested but are NOT REQUIRED. Please contact us with any questions prior to placing your order.
PLEASE NOTE: There are NO REFUNDS on upgrade orders.
You may see all options and place your upgrade order through this form: https://bizzymamahosting.com/support/cart.php?gid=9 or visit your client area and navigate to the Services/Order New Services/Upgrade category.
Please note that the upgrade process will erase any modifications you've made to your files. Please get in contact with the business you purchased your modifications from before placing your upgrade order to work out having your mods re-installed. Bizzy Mama Hosting is not responsible for lost modifications or template errors due to a software upgrade. You will be asked via email to provide a preferred time for your upgrade to be performed. If you have a preference for timing, please respond to the message sent following your purchase with your requested date and time. Otherwise, upgrades will be performed within 5 business days of purchase, in the evenings (after 6pm CST, USA), in an effort to complete the process during a slower traffic time for your store. Customer downtime is not be expected, but your store admin area may temporarily be unavailable during the upgrade process. Please plan accordingly.
This upgrade is OPTIONAL.
To order your upgrade, choose the option that best meets your need above and click on the "ORDER" link, or click here to see all options for upgrade. Please open a ticket before placing your upgrade order if you have any questions.
If you have multiple sites and/or software installs, each request will require its own individual upgrade order!
You may notice that there are many articles linked in the new admin area that are still under development. We appreciate your patience while we work hard behind the scenes to create these articles to best meet your needs. If you have any questions about your software that are not answered elsewhere, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Monday, March 13, 2017